Matcha has quickly become one of those things you see EVERYWHERE. When the craze first started, I wanted nothing to do with it. I liked my coffee, and there was no way i was stopping at Starbucks for TEA. But then I started seeing the benefits of it popping up everywhere, so I decided to look into it. After reading about all the crazy good benefits this green powder has to offer, and double and triple checking to make sure it was all true, I decided to give it a try. And it was actually really good! Now I drink it as an almond milk green tea latte at least once a day, but usually more like 2 or 3 times.
So what’s so great about Matcha that it turned me from a complete coffee addict to someone who sips green tea lattes instead?? First of all, energy. And not the kind of energy that builds you up only to crash an hour later. Matcha has about half the amount of caffeine as coffee, but because of the way it slowly releases into the body you won’t crash later on. All the praise hands for that!
We’re all obsessed with getting in as many antioxidants as we can, right? Most of us know some of the foods that are high in antioxidants. Blueberries, Green Tea, Goji Berries, the list goes on and on. But did you know that Matcha has 6x the amount found in goji berries, 17x the amount found in blueberries, and 137x the amount of antioxidants found in regular green tea!? Wow!! That’s just crazy to me! Not only do antioxidants mean healthy heart + body, but also glowing skin and anti aging properties! Woot woot!
I could seriously go on and on and on about all of the benefits found in this yummy green goodness, but here’s just a quick look at some of the other health benefits:
- Metabolism Boosting
- Prevents Diseases and Cancer
- Aids in Concentration
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Mood Enhancer
It’s amazing how so many crazy good benefits are found in one little teaspoon of matcha! If you haven’t tried it yet, I totally recommend it! Here’s how I make my morning matcha latte every morning!!
What you’ll need
- Matcha! – I get mine from Teavana, but you can find quality matcha so many places! You can buy the matcha I use from a Teavana store, Teavana.com, or from Amazon by clicking here!
- Bamboo Whisk – You can find these lots of places too. Get it from Amazon Prime with free shipping here! This is a set that comes with a Japanese tea spoon and bamboo scoop as well!
- Matcha Bowl – You could probably use any bowl for this really, but its just so fun to have an actual matcha bowl to prepare your drink in! Here’s a nice one on Prime with free shipping! (Can you tell I hate paying for shipping, haha!)
- Almond Milk – (or whichever dairy or non dairy milk you prefer!!)
- Small Pot
- Mug (optional)
Making this is so so easy! Here’s what you do!
- Fill your Matcha Bowl almost all the way up (remember, you need a little room to mix in here!) with desired milk, then pour into pot. (this way you know the amount you make will fit perfectly in your bowl!)
- Place pot on the stove and turn up the heat!
- While your milk is heating, place a teaspoon of matcha into your matcha bowl with a teeny tiny drop of water, and mix with your bamboo whisk until a nice green paste is formed.
- Once milk is warm and starts to sizzle, pour back into matcha bowl and whisk it all together until it’s well blended.
- Pour into your mug or enjoy right out of the bowl!!
See how easy that is!? And SOO yummy too! I’m starting to experiment with with more recipes with matcha, so if you have any great ones I’d love to try them out!!
Naturally, The Taylors