Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi – Whole30 Approved
My husband and I are starting the New Year off with a Whole30, and I couldn’t be more excited! What is Whole30? Basically it’s 30 days of eating only whole, non processed foods in order to “reset” your body! To be honest, I’m pretty sure I could last the whole 30 days just eating avocados and sweet potatoes, but I think my husband would literally hate me if that’s all I fed him. Just kidding! (kinda)
Anyways, there are tons of Whole30 recipes out there, but I like to check out a few different recipes, mix them together, and swap out ingredients to create my own. So, here’s my take on Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi! This makes enough for my husband and I to have one good sized meal and some leftovers!
1/2-1 pound Frozen Shrimp
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
1/4 cup vegetable broth
Lemon essential oil (or lemon juice)
Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut off ends of spaghetti squash then cut in half, scoop out seeds.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper, turn both halves upside down on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- Once Spaghetti Squash is baked, let cool for a few minutes, then take a fork and scrape the inside of the squash (It will pull right apart into what looks like spaghetti noodles!) Set Aside.
- Pour Garlic, Salt, Pepper, and 3 drops of Lemon eo (or lemon juice) over frozen shrimp and mix together.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a pan over medium/high heat.
- Add Shrimp to pan and cook until almost done.
- Pour Vegetable Broth over shrimp and let simmer for about a minute, or until Shrimp is finished!
- Serve the Shrimp over a heaping pile of Squash and enjoy!
** Add more Salt and Pepper to taste!